• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HamzahRF
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Aug 2024

Reconstruction Failure of Images of Human Body

Hello,

I am currently researching generation of 3D renderings from human images taken in our clinic. We have researched different softwares and it seems like Zephyr is the best! However, we have run into issues when creating the renderings from our images, even though they seem to fit the standards suggested by the tutorials. Would you please be able to help me trouble shoot?

We have tried masking but still recieve the "Reconstruction Failure". We have played around with settings without success! We would attached the images, but they are private!
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi HamzahRF - Welcome to the forum.

Without seeing the images themselves, it's quite hard to determine what the issue is (as there are a lot of variables at play) - Are you able to send us a download link to support@3dflow.net so we can let you know what you need to change with your image aquisition and processing settings? Ideally with the photos and failed .ZEP project file so we can quickly identify problems with your approach.

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

HamzahRF - I just saw that you already reached out - I'll reply through the support ticket system :-)

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

To add on what Cam replied to you in the ticket, keep also in mind that the subject has to be as still as possible.

Instead of moving the subject, consider having it still and have the camera move. Live subjects are difficult to capture for this reason, so consider taking more pictures (or eventually, a video, since it's faster to take, despite the lower resolution).

We have already customers using this for the same medical use you've outlined in private and it is indeed very possible - it's just a matter of adapting a bit your workflow to accomodate for lighting and the subject changing shape (even by just breathing, or moving a bit) over time.

Comment

• charles hanke
          Blossoming 3Dflower
          • Aug 2024

Click image for larger version  Name:	roughage in 3d render 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	9657 Click image for larger version  Name:	roughage in 3d render.jpg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	9658 '

roughage in 3d render.jpg I found using a movie file from my camera worked so much easier to render. However I do have a few questions. The image upon 3d rendering still has a lot of sharp edges and vertices that stick out and blemishes on skin. Is there a tool or way to smooth out the texturing and grid vertices to be less protruding.

Also could this have been caused by resolution of the video itself. Should I switch to 4k camera?

Last edited by charles hanke; 2024-08-19, 03:15 AM. Reason: Sorry 2 edits added picture

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

Hicharles hanke - Welcome to the forum!

You can use a third party software like MeshMixer or Blender (both free) to manipulate your model once it has been created in 3DF Zephyr.

You should ideally use a DSLR or Mirrorless stills camera for maximum control over image quality and resolution, but yes, if your current footage is low resolution, bumping that up all else equal, you should see better results.

Comment

• charles hanke
              Blossoming 3Dflower
              • Aug 2024

Originally posted by cam3d
              Hicharles hanke - Welcome to the forum!

You can use a third party software like MeshMixer or Blender (both free) to manipulate your model once it has been created in 3DF Zephyr.

You should ideally use a DSLR or Mirrorless stills camera for maximum control over image quality and resolution, but yes, if your current footage is low resolution, bumping that up all else equal, you should see better results.
              Fantastic! Thank you so much. I will save the project and upload into blender. It really is incredible how easy it was to do the 3D render using the video.

Comment

Working...