• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jupp2000
    3Dflourished
    • May 2021

Non-paintable triangles in exported texture

Hi all!
    If i export a model with texture for painting, i always get triangles, that can not be overpainted.
    So that issue is in every textured model.
    Please take a look at the images of the texture paint process in blender.
    (It´s not only Blender, same issue in other painting apps)
    How can I fix that?

- Zephyr Lite 7.531 - Image has approx. 1,2M Triangles
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jupp2000; 2024-08-13, 10:20 AM.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi jupp,

it's probably due to how the texture has been wrapped. You should be unwrapping your texture (ideally, manually) when doing postprocessing like this.

Here's a quick tutorial that I hope helps! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvXBzw2PVMU

Comment

• jupp2000
      3Dflourished
      • May 2021

Hi Andrea,
      but the issue already exist in Zephyr, so i am afraid, a 3rd party unwrapping would not fix it (i already tried that).
      You can see some triangles in Zephyr, that are looking strange. And exactly these triangles have that issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

• jupp2000
        3Dflourished
        • May 2021

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
        Hi jupp,

it's probably due to how the texture has been wrapped. You should be unwrapping your texture (ideally, manually) when doing postprocessing like this.

Here's a quick tutorial that I hope helps! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvXBzw2PVMU
        I made a quick test in the meantime, and i think, it has something to do with "sharp creases"
        If i totally smooth the model, there are much less non paintable triangles.
        The only one, that remains in blender, has a sharp crease in Zephyr in that area.
        --But of course i loose all of the detail--
        Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

With wrapped textured it's a common workflow that you need to unwrap/rebake the texture for painting I'm afraid. It's the nature of wrapped textured, some triangles will not be paintable until you properly unwrap your mesh. But I see from the discord you managed to do it, glad to hear it

Comment

Working...